Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Felted clogs (machine knit)

I ordered some Lion Brand 100% wool cone yarn from Amazon, because it is accessible to many people. I bought the LB 1878 which is fingering weight, good for the standard gauge machine. I adapted KrisKrafter's pattern and made a pair of example slippers/clogs according to the pattern for bulky gauge. It wont fit me, but I hope it will be big enough that DD can wear it eventually.




Here is a finished clog off the machine. I started at the bottom, knit the cuff in off- white, switched to charcoal for the heel, burgundy for the foot, back to charcoal for the toe, plum for the top of the foot, then back to off-white again for the front part of the cuff.





And here it is with the parts together the way I will sew them up later. After that I will felt/full them in the washing machine.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment