Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Design ideas for a sweater coat







I'm thinking about design ideas for a sweater coat using a tuck stitch pattern I found to do on my bulky knitting machine (SK155). It's got a fairly strong vertical line and a bit of a herringbone texture to it that I think will make it a good fabric. I'm going to make the first draft in a cheap acrylic black yarn, with a princess line design, belted closure and a shawl collar. I figure it will end mid thigh, and have some flare to it.

Unfortunately theres a broken part on my ribber. I've ordered a new one, but it's coming from the states, so theres a border to clear. Once the part is here it should be fairly straightforward to replace the part and use the ribber.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment