Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2008

What looks good on larger women?

I'm thinking of knitting for a small store in Vancouver that caters to women in sizes 2-26, with a desire to provide beautiful clothes to help us look great and feel good.

It's an exciting idea; I've been interested in pattern drafting and clothing design and why there are so few clothes for me once I get to a certain level of overweight for a long time. I spent many years reading and contributing to the ample-knitters mailing list (thank you Shelda!), and for a while even thought about writing a book collaboratively out of that group.

So, I've bought some lovely yarn, and started swatching to see what I might make. And asking folks on Ravelry for feedback.

Any thoughts? What would you like in luxurious colours?

No comments:

Post a Comment